What is Neighbourhood Watch?
Neighbourhood Watch is a partnership where people come together to make their communities safer. It involves the Police, Community Safety departments in Local Authorities, other voluntary organisations and above all, individuals and families who want to make their neighbourhoods better places to live. It aims to help people protect themselves and their properties and to reduce the fear of crime by means of improved home security, greater vigilance, accurate reporting of suspicious incidents to the police and by fostering a community spirit.
The website for the Bedfordshire branch is:
Objectives of Neighbourhood Watch?
- § To prevent crime – By improving security, increasing vigilance, creating and maintaining a caring community and reducing opportunities for crime by increasing crime prevention awareness.
- § To assist the police in detecting crim – By promoting the effective communication and the prompt reporting of suspicious and criminal activity.
- § To reduce undue fear of crime – By providing accurate information about risks and by promoting a sense of security and community spirit, particularly amongst the more vulnerable members of the village.
- § To encourage residents to use the 101 telephone n umber to report crimes or suspicious activity.
Milton Ernest has an active Neighbourhood Watch team with over half the village homes involved.
Our aim is to:
- § Reduce the opportunities for crimes to occur
- § Reduce the fear of crime
- § Create a community spirit
- § Promote community safety
- § Improve the quality of life for villagers
There is no cost to join the scheme and we will give you a free introduction package of window sticker, ‘No Cold Calling’ sticker and ‘Stay Safe’ booklet and other useful leaflets.
Joining the scheme also gives you access to Beds Alert, the Police and Fire Service messaging system; which is also used by Action Fraud and other agencies.
You can join by contacting your Street Coordinator, or Hazel Snowball, the Area Coordinator for the village. Or by going onto Bedford & District Neighbourhood Watch website at bedfordnhw.ourwatch.org.uk, and clicking the “join” link at the right of the home page.
Telephone Voicemail: 01234842861; email: email@example.com
Current Street Coordinators
Arkwright Rd Gary Cunningham 15 Arkwright Road
Bedford Road Hazel Snowball 15 Huntsmans Way
Butterfield Court Ian Kerley 3 Butterfield Court
Church Close Alison Pearce 14 Church Close
Church Green Pat Maskey 31 Huntsmans Way
Parkside Pat Maskey 31 Huntsmans Way
Flewton End Steve & Maggie Freshwater Yasad. Thurleigh Road
Thurleigh Road Steve & Maggie Freshwater Yasad. Thurleigh Road
Huntsmans Way Hazel Snowball 15 Huntsmans Way
London End/River Lane Jo Williams 8 London End
Marsh Lane Silvia Fragoeiro 3 Starey Close
Starey Close Silvia Fragoeiro 3 Starey Close
Mill Court Hazel Snowball 15 Huntsmans Way
Riverside View David Kerr 19 Riverside View
Riverside View Steve Edmonds 21 Riverside View
Rushden Road Hazel Snowball 15 Huntsmans Way
Radwell Road Vacant